Friday, May 25, 2007

Aaah well. ..Welcome it is.
A one word post is certainly not my type and hence here I go, at almost midnight, typing away whatever it is that is coming to my head!
This other day I was writing a mail to a friend who asked me about a particular book and why I liked it so much.

And then, even though I have often mentioned it as one of my favourite books, for the first time I actually sat down to think why 'Catcher in the Rye' is one of my favourites.

It was in thinking about this question that I came to an absurd answer which brought me to an even more absurd theory.

I like the book so much because it reminds me of a girl I used to know in school.I liked the girl and since I associate the book with that, I liked the book also!

Let me tell you a bit about 'R'.

R was one of the weird types..she was tall [ did not know what to do with her ever soo long hands and legs] gawky, untidy style of dressing, untidy hair etc etc.

She was also someone who fought with her mother in lass 9 for extra playtime!
Imagine!

She was crazy, absolutely crazy.Just before this presentation we had to make in class 9 she got so nervous a few minutes before she had to speak, that she actually went up to the teacher and told her that she needed to go to the informary!

Now this is something that apparently a lot of people have done, but for me , it was a first and the last!

Anyways..so Catcher in the Rye is like R, both are whacky, sometimes make no sense, are funny and likeable inspite of their imperfections.
Now, my theory.It is that we can , if we wish to, associate a book with a personality.

Like for me:
1.Harry Potter books= a tall , handsome young man, who defines what courage, frienship and loyalty are!

2.Catcher in the Rye= R.

3.Sydney sheldon books= a blonde woman, with an ossum figure , IQ running into 170s and 180s.Sharp . Intelligent . Beautiful. Mysterious.

4.Enid Blyton books= a young girl ina pink frilly frock, hair in pig tails,running widly across the green hills.

Okay, I never said it was an intelligent theory. Justa theory .A weird one.Lemme know what you think!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww. Its a cute theory. I really liked it :D

Btw, great title, nice url and 'gulabo' is the best :D:P

Welcome back to the blog world bacha >:D<

Neihal said...

hahahaha

I have a similar habit. But I extent the theory (if you chose to call it that:P ) beyond books as well, maybe I will write a post about it one day
:D

aMyth! said...

hey! well.. thought the smile was gone!! but good to see it's still lingering.. amidst the stars and the sky :D

Gulabo said...

aarti di!!!
zenkyu zenkyu zenkyu!!!!


neihal--welcome! and yess if you do extend it, do lemme know will chek out that post maxxx attention se!!

the myth---yess!! am bak!!!
:P
and that was a nice way of puting it across