Saturday, May 26, 2007

Cruch Vs Friend

I am relatively free these days, so I have been renting a lot of DVDs and books catching up on stuff for which I have had little time in the past year. Last to last week's pick was a Julia Robets Movie collection which included 'Pretty Woman' . After watching the movie for the nth time ever I came to a profound conclusion.

Richard Gere is by far one of the most handsome men to have ever walked on this planet.




'Pretty Woman' rocks but in its own way manages to glamourize prostituition as well.The ugly aspect of prostituition has been completely ignored in the movie.But I guess that aspect of it should be left for Oprah Winfrey to deal with when she broadcasts shows bringing out the plight of the prostitutes.

Also obviously, no man as well placed as Mr Edwards Lewis would take a Vivian as seriously but still whether it is the performance of the two stars or the script or whatever, it all seems so very realistic.

So, coming back to how handsome Richard Gere is. Yes , he is handsome, he has the tiniest eyes on this planet yet they are adorable .I have liked him since I do not know when.But it was all set to change .
*sigh*
That was when I saw him on 'Koffee with Karan'. You know how it is, you build an image of a star in you head , you 'god'-ify him, you think he is uber cool but then one thing happens and woosh! its all gone!


The thing is, Karan Johar is friend. Uh okay, he is not a friend but he seems as if he could be one. I love the movies he makes , I admire the manner in which he keeps his friends and I hate to see him stiffen visibly when Richard Gere says things he should not say.

I am a very loyal 'Koffe' fan and I hated it when Gere in the very beginning of the interview said something like 'uh well I had never heard of 'Koffee with Karan' but it is great to be here'. Small thing, you would probably say, but well , say that infront of a loyal fan and bingo!

Then the 'Clash'. Gere came across as seomeone quite concieted and childish. So much for the intellectual looking spectacles that adorn his pretty little nose. The manner in which he dealt with the 'Rapid Fire ' round. He could have atleast pretended to have been interested. The cameras were quick to catch Karan notice the bored sigh that escaped Gere when Karan fired another question.Karan ended the round with that question and I have my doubts whether that was actually the end of the round or no.

I love' Koffe with Karan', I love Karan Johar, I also love the Rapid Fire round . Look at how much fun it is when our Bollywood actors take the quiz!

So, even though Mr Gere, you were my first crush ; I fell in love with you the very first time I saw 'Pretty Woman ', let me set the records straight , Karan is a friend and I do NOT like my friends be mistreated.

Huh!

9 comments:

Sumit Tada said...

Me first :)

Well, I never thought about starts in this way, but even in our "normal" frnds, one thing that I hate most is when people behave as if they are the only busy person around and everyone else is running after them...
Btw, thnx for the link :)

aMyth! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aMyth! said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........!!

Neihal said...

ahahahahaha

I am not a big Karan fan/friend :P

But I enjoy watching his show sometimes. And I dont understand why Gere is hell bent upon annoying as many Indians/Asians as he can. ;)

Dunno whats on his agenda. :P

creepa said...

welcum backkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

hehhe..phunny!

Vaise to me too used to love karan..but aftr considering his likings ;),i changd my choice :P !

Rahul... in City of Dreamz said...

Hey. . Thanks for linking me up. . Yeah karan is good. . But only when he does not keep on stressing about family and bonding. . But like him or hate him. . Cant ignore him!

Gulabo said...

@sumit--yeshh!! you first!
:P

and yess, these kind of ppl can get on my nerves real badd!!!

@the myth-aah!

@neihal---karan ke fnd nahi ho!!:O
dosti karne ki koshish karo ! woh achcha frnd hai!!

@creepu beti---beti!!!!
dekho beti chnage is the essence of life,,aaj kutch pasand hai, kal kutch aur bhi ho sakta hai ;)

@rahul--u are welcome, dost!
yess!!!at;east I cannot ignore KJ, cume what may!
;)

Unknown said...

LOL! Kaafi research ki hai aapne ma'am ;)

Me not a KJ fan at all but I like the show no doubts :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.